Header

Header

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oh my ears and whiskers, how late it's getting!

In case you were wondering the title is from Alice in Wonderland...fitting I suppose given my obsession with the book. This has been quite an eventful week. Firstly I've officially booked my trip to the UK! I'll be spending time in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, Newcastle, and visiting friends in Leicester and Whitehaven. While the real highlight is DEFINITELY Whitehaven to see the lovely Helen I am also going to dive Scapa Flow. If you are giving me confused looks that's totally cool. Scapa Flow is a body of water in Northern Scotland in the Orkney Islands. There's a super awesome site HERE that has 3D images and the stories of all the wrecks. See that map on the left and that little "A" point up there? Yeah that's Scapa Flow, and where I'll be spending a week. I'm obviously only a little excited. Also, on the calendar is a rescue diver course, 2 advanced open water courses, possibly a couple DSDs, and a trip to Mallorca! AND 4 days after I get back from the UK I'm off to Egypt. I'm super excited!

I am also a stressed out mess, par normal, and have managed to clean and completely rearrange my bedroom! I really need my maid to come though. I never realized how completely dependent on her I was until she left for 2 weeks....come back to meeeeeeee! Apparently, despite the fact that I hate the nosey chain smoking lunatic I need her. Also, it's 3:30am. Why am I awake? Oh yeah...I'm a stressed out emotional mess and I cure that with cleaning and organizing...plus I'm out of fins to draw on and dishes to do. Seems like a perfectly acceptable reason to me.
View from my bed....so pretty and clean!
And now for the slightly more serious side of this blog. I'm sure you've all heard about the Boston Marathon bombing. If you haven't by now, you're actually dug further under a rock than me and my mother are soooo you might wanna work on that. THESE pictures will throw you. How do you tell someone who has dedicated so much time to running that they might never even be able to walk again? But that's not even the worst part. The worst part was not knowing who had set off the bombs. Me and Amanda were talking about it, and we realized that at this point in the US's history it's a pretty fair toss up between terrorist and mental case. And I'm not trying to draw attention away from the pain or the loss that has been felt today, but think about it for a minute. The US has fallen so far to the point that we are sitting here discussing if the latest tragedy is a terrorist or a mental case. Our world is truly going to pieces and we can't do anything but sit back and watch. I can tell you God has a plan or use this as a threshold to launch on how the US is going to hell, but that just doesn't seem fitting. There's no soapbox to be stood on for disasters like these, and I think so much less of those who try to find one. I'll leave it at they families and friends and everyone who is some way affected by the events in Boston today are in my thoughts and prayers, but thats the least I can do for now. I'll just sit here and be angry at the assholes that are capable of doing this to people and feeling terrible for the victims and their families. What is the world coming to? Don't answer that...I don't want to know.

No comments: